Tickets, Negative Lateral Flows & more.
We know you're all excited to get to Stirling and enjoy your Freshers Week so here's some helpful info on evening ticketed events.
All the info you need about what's on day and night is available at www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/freshers
- Tickets for all Freshers events are sold first-come-first-served, are limited and events are likely to sell out.
- You can get yours from Sat 11th Sept 10am onwards in the Lochside Marquee on campus, from this day you'll be able to purchase tickets for all events. All students, from all year groups, undergrad or postgrad, are welcome to buy tickets.
- This Freshers, due to capacity, students will not be able to sign in non-student guests or students who have forgotten their student cards.
- You are able to purchase more than 1 ticket, for example for a fellow student who can't make it, however we limit this to 2 or 3 tickets per event per person to keep it fair.
- We will not be selling any tickets online this year so be aware that anything you purchase online is not an official Freshers event and will not get you entry to any of our events.
- We will not be selling tickets at the door to the events at night. They will be on sale during the day in the marquee on campus until they sell out.
- We do not offer refunds on tickets for any other reason than a positive COVID test as detailed below.
Conditions of Entry
Your safety is our priority, and we are taking the following measures to minimise Covid transmission. As a condition of entry to our events, attendees will be required to:
- Show your student card to enter Union events, you can bring your physical card or show it through your University of Stirling app. No Student ID card, no entry, even with a ticket.
- You will be required to track and trace upon entry to the Union. Please ensure you bring a charged phone with you to do so, someone else cannot check you in.
- You will be required, with no exceptions, to show evidence of a negative lateral flow test, taken on the day of the event. Do not bring your lateral flow test strip to the event. Instead, on completing your lateral flow test, register your test result at www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result. After registering your test result, you will receive an NHS COVID-19 Notification text message to your mobile phone. It is this text message you need to present on entry and the name & details must match that on your student card or photographic ID. (Being double-vaccinated does not mean you don't have to show evidence of a negative lateral flow test, we will still require this as you can be vaccinated and still have COVID)
- If you cannot attend due to a positive test, you can get a refund for your ticket wristband as long as it has not been worn and is completely intact (i.e. sticky pad has not been removed). Please email email@example.com before 7pm on the night of the event you were looking to attend with details and keep your ticket safe until after your isolation period is complete and you can return it, we will refund you on receipt of this ticket.
- We are working with the University to provide lateral flow test kits on campus, you are also able to order them to your home or collect from any local pharmacy - we encourage you to collect before you arrive to ensure you have some. Link to order kits from the Government website.
- If you are a student under 18, you are able to attend Union events as we are a private student members venue, however you will of course not be able to purchase or consume alcohol.
Safety Inside Events
- We require you to wear a face covering when not sitting, eating, drinking, or dancing, i.e. collecting drinks from the bar or using the toilets in the Venue will require a mask.
- We will not have ordering at the bar to keep our staff safe, instead we will operate an online ordering system with collection points. Please ensure you have photographic ID to purchase alcohol and a charged phone to order.
Last Entry Times for Union Events
- We have cut-off times for entry, please ensure you are in the event by these times and have been checked in by staff otherwise you may be denied entry, even with a ticket, and without refund.
Sat 11th UV Welcome - 11.45pm last entry
Sun 12th Ceilidh #1 - 8.45pm last entry
Mon13th Drag Bingo - 9.30pm last entry
Tues14th Wheel of Tunes - 11.45pm last entry
Wed 15th Comedy Night - 8.30pm last entry
Thurs 16th Throwback Thursday - 11.45pm last entry
Fri 17th Ceilidh #2 - 8.45pm last entry
Sat 18th Paint Party- 11.45pm last entry
*All Union events are subject to change or cancellation and we continue to work closely with the University of Stirling and Scottish Government advice to ensure everything we do is safe for our students. Some events are also weather-dependent and may be cancelled or changed last minute. We will communicate any changes on this website and our social media channels.