Last summer you donated a record 6.6 tonnes of goods that we managed to get reused or recycled!
This has helped us to support a range of projects including the student community garden, workshops such as woodworking and foraging, develop campaigns such as the Interhall Energy Competition and Fairtrade Universities, and getting your voice represented in Stirling’s successful City Deal bid for a new active travel route between the train station and University (coming in 2018/19)
Help us match or beat last year’s record.
You can help by:
- Donating your unwanted items! From kitchenware and clothing, to academic text books to electronics – we’ll make sure they get reused or recycled. Check out www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/environmental/fairshare/ for more details of what can be donated.
- This also includes unopened food (which goes to the foodbank at StartUp Stirling) and bras. We’ve teamed up with 'Against Breast Cancer' who will receive £1 per kilo to support breast cancer research for men and women, keep an eye out for the special 'bra bins' on campus!
- Giving us a hand by ensuring kitchenware is clean before you donate
- Leaving donations at the drop-off points and help us by self-sorting donations in to the labelled crates
- Volunteering with the halls clear-out between the 2nd – 4th June! For more information email Matt (Environmental Development Coordinator) at email@example.com
- Willow Court
- Alexander Court
- Union Street
- John Forty’s
- Green and Blue Space