Your Union Officers, Nela, Calum, Alyson and Sophie, have been working hard to Make Students' Lives Better! Read on to find out what they've been doing.
Nela, Union President
- Promoted the COP26 on Campus activities - more information can be found at Union COP26 Pages.
- Received "Carbon Literacy" training by SOS-UK to keep contributing to the University's Sustainability Plan discussions.
- Engaging with the University to increase presence of international languages on campus and online.
- Attended the Stirling Kaleidoscope: Shift Documentary screening and answered questions about student representation.
- Signed up the SU to be part of the Wellbeing Economy Alliance, a global collaboration of different communities working together to transform the economic system.
- Attended the Court Strategy Day alongside VP Communities, where we had strategic conversations with different University departments.
- Supported the logistics for the Diwali celebrations by connecting members of the International Society, South Asian Society and Union staff.
You can contact Nela at email@example.com
Calum, Vice President Education
- Continued to press the University to review Ordinance 2 (student discipline) to make the process fair for all students.
- Hired and trained more Undergrad and Postgrad Faculty Officers - congratulations to all that were successful!
- About to launch the 2022 RATE Awards.
- Held the first Education Zone meeting of the year, which had great attendance and discussion!
- Engaged with the Deputy Principal Education about teaching plans for next semester.
- Collaborated with Student Learning Services for the Contract Cheating campaign, that saw increased awareness and support provided for it.
- Plotted the spot for the new University Time Capsule in celebration of the new Campus Central building opening.
You can contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alyson, Vice President Communication
- Trained more STEER Captains for the Students' Union peer support program (you can sign up for support anytime!).
- Ongoing work with our Housing Officer to secure more affordable student housing in Stirling.
- Completed plans for the Students' Union '16 Days of Action against violence against women & girls' campaign.
- Ongoing work with several groups across Stirling to support survivors of consent violations & supported the #BigNightIn bar boycotts.
- Held our first Communities Zone Executive Committee meeting of the year & approved 4 new clubs & socs, bringing us up to 75.
- Ongoing work towards getting a sensory room set up on campus.
- Alongside Nela, Union President, we represented students at the University Court Strategy Day.
You can contact Alyson at email@example.com
Sophie, Sports President
- Sports Exec Committee has met twice and we have begun to allocate funding for coaching and equipment.
- Green Ribbon Campaign led by Georgie Frost raised money and awareness for SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) with ribbon purchases and clubs swapping sports.
- 'She Can She Will' campaign took place, celebrating our Women in Sport.
- Celebrated Black History Month through our People of the Sports Union Initiative, with more interviews to follow.
- Hosted a President's Forum where we discussed campaigns, training courses and BUCS Wednesday operations.
- Continued to work with both Robbie and Aedan, our Movember Ambassadors, on the Movember campaign - be sure to follow @stirlinguni_movember on Instagram for updates and challenges.
- We also welcome Table Tennis, Shinty and Darts as the newest clubs to join our Sports Union family, bringing us to a total of 51 Sports Clubs!
You can contact Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org