Making the most of media
Having been part of Brig since the beginning of my course here at the University of Stirling, and having held various committee positions since, the media office has become something of a second home and I hold the media societies close to my heart.
As Media Officer, I would work to:
- Be an effective link between the media societies and the Students' Union, as well as act as an arbitrator should any disputes or problems arise within the societies or between a society and the Union.
- Help the media societies advertise themselves to potential members, encourage participation and increase engagement.
- Encourage the media societies to collaborate in a way which is mutually beneficial to all parties through cross-society projects.
- Help the media societies overcome and find solutions to any difficulties or problems arising from the current pandemic.
- Assist in the investment of funds available to media societies for their continued growth and development.
- Support the organisation and publicity of media society events.
- Promote involvement within the media societies as fantastic opportunities for further learning and for enhancing employability.
- Advocate for the media societies in the wider community to create and improve opportunities.
Thank you very much or taking the time to read my manifesto. Let's make the most of media together:
Vote Calum for Media Officer!