student support

Here at your Students’ Union we aim to
make students’ lives better.

We recognise that many things can affect students experience and even affect your studies. If you find that you are unhappy with some aspect of university life or personal circumstances are affecting your studies then the Union can offer independent support and information or signpost you to the appropriate University or external services. As well as information and signposting we offer specialist support and representation for academic appeals, disciplinary proceedings, academic misconduct, fitness to practice and complaints.

No matter how trivial or how serious the issue seems – you don’t have to deal with it on your own. Call, email or drop in to the Students’ Union office and your enquiry will be handled in confidence and directed to the person who may best help you.

If you know it is an issue with which you may need Academic Representation or support, then email or call 01786 467188. Lynn is the Academic Representation and Development Coordinator who is responsible for this specialist area of support and representation. 

Download our guide to our services below.


sexual violence and misconduct

If you have been affected by sexual violence or other forms of sexual misconduct such as harassment or stalking, the University will listen to you and support you.

We have a dedicated web page which provides lots of information about:

  • Where you can get help - both at University and from external agencies
  • Your options
  • What to do if you want to report to the University or the Police
  • What to do if you just want to talk but don't want to report anything
  • What to do if you are supporting a friend or a colleague

The University and Students’ Union have also produced a joint strategy which sets out our approach to preventing and tackling sexual violence and misconduct.

Other Support

The University of Stirling also offers students support through Student Support Services (SSS). This team offer general advice, money advice, disability support, short-term focused counselling (normally up to 6 sessions), and careers advice. For more informaiton check out their website here.

The other service for academic support is University Student Learning Services. This team runs session on academic literacy and can offer one to one support in academic skills. For more info check their website here.

Useful Links from the University
Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate Appeals Policy
Research Postgraduate Appeals Policy 
Appeals Form 
Student Guide to Making an Appeal 
Complaints Policy
Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism Policy 
Little Book of Plagiarism 
Little Book of Misconduct 
Code of Student Discipline