Every year, you (the students!) elect four Sabbatical Officers who work full time (paid) in the Union to represent you to the University and beyond. You also elect a group of part time Officers called 'Executive' who work on a voluntary basis on campaigns and projects.
If you've ever considered running for a position, it's a great way to get experience, boost your CV, work on things you're really passionate about and make change here at the University & Students' Union.
This webpage has all of the details about running in the 2020 Elections (ie. how to nominate yourself for a position, important dates, the code of conduct, etc.). However, if you have any questions, e-mail Rosamund Vickers, the Union's Democracy & Representation Coordinator or pop by the Union Offices.
what officer positions can I run for?
Full Time Paid Officer Positions
Part Time Voluntary Officer Positions
Click on each of the positions you're interested in to view the role remit. If you've got further questions about an individual role, email Rosamund Vickers at email@example.com and we can even set you up with some shadowing of current officers!
what's in it for me?
Sabbatical Officers receive a full time employment contract, salary, holiday entitlement and automatically become Trustees of the Union. As well as gaining invaluable experience in chairing meetings, managing budgets, communicating, leading people, projects & campaigns.
Executive positions are voluntary, part time, but are incredibly useful for building your CV, experience and are a great way to build up to running for Sabbatical Officer.
'how to run' training
- Announcement of Elections: Monday, January 27th
- Nominations Open: Monday, February 10th @ 9AM
- Nominations Close: Friday, February 21st @ 12PM
- 'How To Run' training #1: Wednesday, February 12th @ 5PM (TBC)
- 'How To Run' training #2: Friday, February 14th @ 12PM (TBC)
- Candidates Briefing #1: Wednesday, February 26th @ 5PM (Cottrell Building 2B74)
- Union Hustings: Tuesday, March 3rd @ 12PM (Cottrell Building LTW1)
- Candidates Briefing #2 : Wednesday, March 4th @ 5PM (Cottrell Building 2B74)
- Alternative Hustings: Thursday, March 5th @ 6PM (Venue)
- Voting Opens: Monday, March 9th @ 9 AM
- Voting Closes: Tuesday, March 10th @ 6:15pm
- Results Party: Tuesday, March 10th @ 7pm (Venue) - Everyone welcome!