vice president communities
Hi, I'm Alyson Mackay (she/her) and I am your Vice President Communities for 2021/22
I've just finished an undergraduate degree in Event Management here at Stirling University. Ever since my first year, I was very involved with clubs and the communities zone.
My role includes supporting Clubs & Societies, Volunteering, International, Housing and Sustainability, as well as working on many individual projects.
I sit on several committees representing you as students, including, but not limited to:
- Chairing the Communities Zone Executive Committee (CZEC) - all things clubs & societies
- The Gender Based Violence Strategy Group - working to keep our students safe
- The Corporate Sustainability Steering Group (CSSG) - the environmental and sustainability-focused committee
- The Finances & Resources Committee (FRC) - working on the Union's budget
- The Joint Policy and Planning Resource Committee (JPPRC) - working with the Union and the University to create policy and allocate resources for our students
- Work with the National Union of Students (NUS) - on national campaigns such as the #NUSDecoloniseEducation programme
- Student Experience Committee (SEC) - making changes to our Union based on students experiences
You can find relevant links and campaigns on my LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/stir_communities or email me at email@example.com