Hi, I'm Tash Miller and I'm your Union President for 2022/23
I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I've recently finished my degree in Social Policy and Criminology. I loved Stirling so much during my 4 years here that I've decided to stay for another!
As Union President, my role is to be the overall representative of the Students' Union, to the University as well as external agencies. However, my main role is to represent the interests and needs of students across our campus.
Alongside the many campaigns I hope to initiate this year, I will be coordinating and chairing the Equalities Zone, ensuring that students are represented and advocated for, regardless of their walk of life.
As well as maintaining and establishing relationships with key stakeholders, I also sit on key boards and councils, and am the Union representative to many regular meetings. My remit includes:
- Chairing Annual and General Meetings, Executive Council, Union committee meetings and the Equalities Zone.
- Maintaining working relationships with figures such as the Vice Chancellor, Senior University Managers, the Union Chief Executive and the National Union of Students (NUS).
- University Court, where I am part of the strategic conversations of our University, corporate governance matters and financial systems.
- University Academic Council.
- Union and University Policy and Planning Meetings.
- Delegation leader to all NUS conferences, where I aim to secure a mandate from the membership of who to vote for in all full-time position of NUS.
- To discuss with the executive council any response to Government consultations and actions on behalf of the Union.
- To be the overall representative, spokesperson and ambassador of the Union; to the University, media and external agencies.
- To coordinate and lead the Union’s campaign agenda for the year.
- The development and implementation of the new Strategic Plan.
As your Union President, I'm here for both the student body and students as individuals. I know how difficult it can be as a student, and I'm also lucky enough to know how amazing it can be, and it's my job to make sure that you're supported and heard during both! If there's anything I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
You can reach me via instagram (@stir_president) or via email (email@example.com).