Hi, I'm Murray and I'm the Sports Union President for 2022/23
I’ve just finished my degree in sports studies and will be graduating this Summer.
The sports union has played the biggest part in my four years at Stirling. I have been involved throughout the years in the men’s football club, working my way up from the 5’s right up to being the 2XI captain in my final year.
Although football was my chosen sport, I hold an interest in many different sports and look forward to representing all 54 sports clubs in the year ahead.
My job as Sports President is to represent students, in particular our Sports Union members. I work closely our staff team to:
- Support all Sports Clubs throughout the year
- Assist with pitch bookings and transport hire
- Communicate with National Governing Bodies to deliver competitions throughout the year and to deliver coaching and officiating courses
- Work alongside the Sports Centre to allow clubs to access their gym and facilities
- Represent Stirling University at Scottish Student Sport (SSS) and British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) events
- Promote physical and mental health wellbeing through physical activity
- Support and promote inclusion for all students within sport through campaigns such as Movember, Rainbow Laces and Green Ribbon Campaign – as well as offering training to our members throughout the year with organisations and courses such as LEAP Scotland and Disability Inclusion Training.
- Chair all Sports Zone (welcome to all Sports Union Members) meetings and Sports Exec meetings (elected members only)
- Sit within the SSS Executive Council
- Am a member of the University Trustee Board and FRC (Finances and Resources Committee)
I’m always happy to help in any way that I can, just email: email@example.com