Hi, I'm Sophie and I'm the Sports Union President for 2021/22
I’ve just graduated from the University of Stirling with a degree in Sport and Exercise Science.
Throughout my 4 years at uni, I was always very involved in the Sports Union and in particular the Women’s Hockey Club. I tried a couple of different clubs but my main focus was hockey, having been on their 1XI for 4 years and holding a committee position for 3 years.
I was also a member of the Sports Exec Committee which sits within the Sports Zone. This was a great opportunity to work with part time officers, presidents and other committee members to help facilitate the delivery of sport, promote campaigns, allocate funding and organise our annual Sports Ball.
My job as Sports President is to represent students, in particular our Sports Union members. I work closely our staff team to:
- Support all Sports Clubs throughout the year
- Assist with pitch bookings and transport hire
- Communicate with National Governing Bodies to deliver competitions throughout the year and to deliver coaching and officiating courses
- Work alongside the Sports Centre to allow clubs to access their gym and facilities
- Represent Stirling University at Scottish Student Sport (SSS) and British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) events
- Promote physical and mental health wellbeing through physical activity
- Support and promote inclusion for all students within sport through campaigns such as Movember, Rainbow Laces and Green Ribbon Campaign – as well as offering training to our members throughout the year with organisations and courses such as LEAP Scotland and Disability Inclusion Training.
- Chair all Sports Zone (welcome to all Sports Union Members) meetings and Sports Exec meetings (elected members only)
- Sit within the SSS Executive Council
- Am a member of the University Trustee Board and FRC (Finances and Resources Committee)
I’m always happy to help in any way that I can, just email: firstname.lastname@example.org