neon sign reads 'making students lives better' on faux plant background

postgrad representation

Your Students’ Union provides representation for all students at Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught and Postgraduate Research levels, regardless of location or subject of study. The Union supports a network of Postgraduate Programme Reps, who provide representation for students studying a particular Postgraduate Degree – helping to build the student experience both within their subject area and across the University. Find out more information on our Postgraduate Programme Rep roles here.

Postgraduate Faculty Officers

The Postgraduate Faculty Officer scheme is run by the University of Stirling Students’ Union, with support from the University of Stirling and the Institute for Advanced Studies, to provide postgraduate representation at a faculty level. Each year, 10 postgraduate students (5 Taught and 5 Research) are recruited to take on a lead-student representative role within their academic faculty.

Postgraduate Faculty Officers will work in partnership with senior members of faculty and university staff to take forward a project designed to improve the postgraduate student experience within their faculties – or across the wider university.

Taking on a Postgraduate Faculty Officer role takes passion and dedication. As such, Postgraduate Faculty Officers are paid for their work and are line managed by the Vice President Education and the Democracy and Representation Coordinator in the Students’ Union. 

Postgraduate Faculty Officers 2022-23

Postgraduate Taught Faculty Officers



Postgraduate Research Faculty Officers


If you would like to be put in contact with your Faculty Officer, please contact


What to expect from your Postgraduate Faculty Officer

All Faculty Officers have a responsibility to represent and act in the best interests of the students within their faculty. This means listening to any questions or concerns you may have about your course, research or faculty as a whole, and then either helping you directly or sign-posting you on to relevant help and support. Faculty Officers should provide University staff members with constructive feedback about courses and research in their faculty, with the overall goal being to improve the faculty as a whole for both current and future students. Postgraduate Taught Faculty Officers also support Programme Reps within their faculty, either with student questions or concerns.


If you have any personal concerns or quieres which do not relate to your module or programme, please contact either the Student Hub or the Students' Union at