Improving off-campus active travel facilities
After the success of last year's survey, we've been working hard collecting the views of students living in off-campus University accommodation on what investments you'd like to see to improve your cycling experience or help get you cycling for the first time! 210 of you responded to the survey (28% of student population) and below are the key results and next steps.
To keep up to date with this campaign please revisit this page or see updates on the environmental boards in the Atrium and Union display walls.
Student Travel Survey 2019: key survey results
- 46.3% said they did not have access to undercover bike parking.
- 41.5% said they did not have access to secure bike storage.
- 4.8% of respondents have experienced bike theft.
- Some ideas to work on are; improved cycle paths off-campus, bike maintenance workships, and a campus bike pool.
Student Travel Survey 2019: what next?
- The Union has submitted a £62,500.00 funding bid to Cycling Scotland. If successful, we will purchase new secure shelfters and bike racks to create 86 bike spaces at off-campus accomodation.
- The Union will use the results of the survey to better inform the University's Sustainable Travel Action Plan and Stirling Council work on active travel.
- We will continue to look for external funding opportunities and work with Stirling Council to ensure student voices are heard in redevelopment plans.