"I am having a blast working with Roger Watt and Peter Hancock on their studies... an amazing opportunity to work within different domains of the same spectre at the same time."
- Iris (2014/15 StAR Student)
"On the whole this is a very enjoyable yet fruitful experience, and I had a good time with it!"
- Ming (2015/16 StAR Student)
StAR offers you the chance to get involved in the research groups here at the university!
Students as Researchers (StAR) gives you the chance to further your training in any chosen field and also allows you to explore options in research, equipping you with highly transferable skills that are valued in many academic roles as well as the wider workplace.
Below are the current projects available for StAR, we are putting up new projects all the time so if you don’t see something at the moment that you fancy keep checking back for new ones!
The beauty of the scheme is that you don’t need to stick to your subject area, if one of the projects below catches your eye and you think you fit the bill then go ahead and apply for it just use the online form below stating which project it is you want to participate in.
For more information on exactly what's involved, click here!
- Re-working Frankenstein: narratives of moral codes, challenges and changes in the field of looked after children *NEW!*
- Global Doing Democracy Research project: Scottish Teachers and Student teachers perceptions of democracy *NEW!*
- Social Benefits of Bridge *NEW!*
- Promoting Charity Accountability: Understanding Disclosure of Serious Incidents *NEW!*
- "Never Events" in Child Protection: A Study to Elicit Expert Opinion
- CRISP – Centre for Research into Information, Surveillance and Privacy
- Muslims and electoral politics in the UK and France
- Sport Psychology Research Exerperience (short-term) *NEW!*
- Investigating midwives’ views about the multiple demands of their public health practitioner role (1 month) *NEW!*
- Beyond Bitcoins: Programming block chain applications and smart contracts. *NEW!*