Do you feel your club is leading the way? Do you want recognition of what your committee has achieved? A stripe is accreditation in one of the following areas: Sustainability, Development, Inclusion and Community and can be awarded for fulfilling any of the suggested criteria or anything else that can be evidenced to justify the recognition.
The Community stripe is awarded to clubs/societies who have: “Taken active steps to make a positive impact in the community. This can be through involvement with activities and events at Stirling University, but they will also have made an impact on the wider community by engaging with activities, campaigns and events at a local, national or international level. They may have engaged with community groups and have helped to promote Stirling students are valued members of the community.” To achieve this, the society must meet at least three (bronze level), five (silver level) or seven (gold level) of the following criteria and must submit a form to state how they have met this:
1. Have made meaningful links with at least one community organisation outside of the Students Union.
2. Have been involved with supporting or participating in an event in the local community.
3. Have opened up their activities to the wider community on at least one occasion.
4. The society has at least one associate member who is not a Stirling University staff member or student.
5. The society has worked on an activity, event or campaign with another local institution such as a local school.
6. Have been actively involved in a large scale event at Stirling University such as the Students Union Charities Week or other similar event.
7. The society actively promotes relevant volunteering opportunities to its membership.
8. The society can provide evidence that it actively encourages its members to be responsible and engaged members of the community.
9. The club/society has worked with a Sports Union Club on a project beneficial to its members.
10. Taken any other steps that they feel have benefited the community. (Please provide additional details on form)
Find out more about Earn Your Stripes here!